Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lessons From Last Week - July 10, 2011

I've always had a hard time thinking of Sunday as the beginning of the week. I mean, the calendar says Sunday is the official start to the week...but seriously, don't we all consider Monday as the official kick-off? Anyway, who cares? Sundays will henceforth be known as my day to look back on the previous week and consider what I've learned from my experiences..both successes and failures. And let's be honest, there is most likely going to be a butt load of failures. I'm kind of a  pro at those.  I'm attempting to make lemonade out of lemons here though, people.

Lesson One:
Donuts are heartless bastards. Donuts will show no mercy. They do not care if you have been doing Weight Watchers since January. They couldn't care less that you have had a complete crap-hole of a week. Donuts are not concerned that their mere appearance in front you can cause a battle of will power not witnessed since the "Giant-Reese's-Peanut Butter-Egg-Incident of 2010".  They will show you no compassion as they launch themselves into your mouth, leaving a trail of bumpy cellulite in their wake. Donuts are the devil... delicious, chocolate frosted, rainbow-sprinkled demons...

Lesson Two:
Writing about donuts makes me want to eat them.

Lesson Three:
Don't feed the dogs bologna.  It causes ....um.....gastrointestinal issues. Also... you can never have too much Glade air freshener.

Lesson Four:
Old friends are great friends. I've been rekindling some old relationships lately and it feels great. I find parts of me resurfacing that I haven't seen in awhile. Old friends are amazing at bringing out parts of you that you've completely neglected.

Lesson Five:
I've got to "take care of me" for awhile. I realize how insanely random that sounds..but I need to figure some things out. I feel like my life is at a crossroad.  I spend way too much time wondering what direction other people are choosing, instead of actually considering where I want to go. I'm blindly wandering along, trying to catch up with the masses, when in actuality I could be plotting my own course. I may need to go off-road a bit, and I'll most likely hit some detours...but at the end of the journey I'd like to arrive at place where I'm at peace with my decisions. I know that this sounds like a completely obscure ramble.....but it makes sense to be and this is my blog...so....

Lesson Six:
The house doesn't clean itself.  Effort is involved with this whole House-wifery business. Who knew?

So, last week is in the can. Onto a newer and better 7 days, full of growth and knowledge to learned. And maybe a donut or two....

8 comments:

  1. Very well said. Sundays are usually the day I feel most remorse for all the cookies I've had throughout the week, but at the same time the day I can start all over again...and that, in a way, gives me hope. Good luck in the road you are about to travel..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh donuts! I wish we had robot maids like the jetsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very good lessons. Taking notes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with it all..
    and now, i wanna me a donut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm doughnuts...i love them, but they aren't very nice to me. most def heartless bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donuts are totally da debil. Oh yeah, ixnay on the olognabay. Yikes! My mother once fed one of my dogs a whole pile of ham while she was staying at her house. It was a bad, bad night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually have a dry erase calendar that has Sunday as the LAST day of the week as it should be. How cool is that?

    My dog has terrible gas no matter what I give him. Usually he walks over to sit by me when he's ready to let one rip too. At least he shares eh? Uggggghhh.

    Thanks, now I want a donut. Turns out reading about them makes you want them as much as writing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I'm not a fan of donuts(thank god, I've got enough issues as it is!), I can relate to the other things you've written so well about!! Especially the charting-you-own-course things...
    good Blog, Lady!

    ReplyDelete

Ya wanna say something? Then just say it.. spit it out already.. sheesh.