Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New blog or New Project I Will Never Keep Up With?

Not quite sure why I think anyone would be interested in reading what I have to say but here goes. A few years ago, (pre-motherhood) I had a very active blog on livejournal and actually made some money at it, so here we go again. I am not looking for income, just an outlet. I tried to jump back on at livejournal but it just didn't feel the same, so I thought I could go for a fresh start. I have discovered that I really need the outlet of writing, even if its just a bunch of verbal diarrhea...

Being a stay at home mom is kinda lonely. Don't get me wrong, I've got plenty of friends and we talk on the phone everyday (several times) and meet up for lunch sometimes and weekends are busy. But with Roslyn (my six year old) in school all day now, I find myself having conversations with the dogs way too much. Hmm.. now that I think about it, maybe it's not so much loneliness as much as it boredom. I feel kinda wasted at home (and not in the good way.) I want a job where I can dress up and go to work and have a separate life than home. I miss the work atmosphere. A housewife, I am not. I hate to clean. I enjoy cooking, but its not enough to keep me entertained. (besides, my waistline can't take the stress.) I am not a decorator. I can appreciate a well decorated home, but when it comes time to do the painting and sanding, count me out. Don't they have professionals for that? And I am just way to indecisive to chose a paint color and stick to it.
So basically, I sit at home from 8:30 to 3 everyday, sitting here doing data entry for work (for those of you who don't know me, I work at home currently at a job that is literally going nowhere fast). I watch movies, listen to music and talk to the dogs while I work. I give up around noon and try to do some housework. When the house is clean , at least to my and my hubby's standards, and the laundry is done, I indulge my main passion... reading. Time to pick the kid up, cook dinner, do homework, bathe and time for bed. And the cycle starts again. God, it sounds damn boring, even to me. I gotta get myself another project, something just for me... arc welding maybe?? scuba diving? sharpshooter school?? ...

I may pick up book reviews like I used to do on my old blog. I made some money (and lots of free books) doing that. I really loved it. I am considering joining a gym too, but I am always so self conscious in those places, I may just use the treadmill at home. I would love to take up running again, but lord knows, its gonna take awhile before I get back to that!

So, looking back on this post, I notice I did nothing but bitch. I'm tempting to highlight the thing and hit delete, but I'm not going to. I've got to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ya wanna say something? Then just say it.. spit it out already.. sheesh.