Saturday, June 13, 2009

Random Post Redux...

Every Saturday, I will be having a new feature called, "Random Post Redux", and you are all welcome to join right in! Each Saturday, post a "previously used post" for us all to see.Link up with Mr. Linky at the bottom, so we can check out your blog! It can be anything you've posted in the past on your blog. Did you blog something hilarious back in January? How about your very first post ever?

Why do this? Well, it gives new readers a chance to learn more about you. (Oh yeah, and it's also a really easy way to get a post in when you've got nothing...not that this is my problem.. no way. I'm a wealth of creative ideas.)

So, here is mine... this was orginally posted on 2/19/2009 (with 62 comments and counting)...

So, for Funny Friday this week, I am going to tell you a little story that my girlfriends find freakin' hilarious. Which, of course, means that it involves me making a total ass of myself.

It all started with a cold. And you all know how dramatic I am when I am sick. I went to the doctor as a last resort, my throat was on fire. I had a throat infection. They gave me antibiotics and sent me home, saying "if you have any questions, just give us a call." (they know better now, thank you very much.)

The next morning, I wake up and my throat hurts so bad. I shine a flashlight in my mouth and see that the "little punching bag" thing is really swollen. Of course, I freak and call my best friend. I say, "I'm gonna call the doctor. What's that thing called anyway? I don't wanna say "punching bag"." She says she doesn't know. I then say, "Oh wait! I know! It's the VULVA! right?" And she says, "oh yeah.. I think you're right." We're both really, really smart.

This is the converstation I had with the nurse:

me: My vuvla is huge and bright red.

Nurse: um, sorry?

me: My vulva it's gigantic and it hurts.

Nurse: your Vulva?

Me: Yeah.. I can touch it with my tongue.. it's enormous. I don't know what's going on.

Nurse: Wait a minute (i think she might have put me on speaker) Your vuvla is huge and red and you can touch it with your tongue? I think you need to call your gynecologist.

Me: Why? is that a sign of something bad??? (I'm freaking out.. a sore throat means ovarian cancer or something?)

Nurse: Ok, hold on (laughing) are we talking about your genitals?

Me: (completely dumbfounded...) NO! (what a pervert) My throat!

Nurse : (cannot stop laughing..)oh! Your UVULA! I was begining to think you were some sort of contortionist!

The following is the definition of the word Vulva (I am sure most of you know it..)

*the external female genitalia, including the clitoris and the inner and outer labia surrounding the urethral and vaginal openings.*

19 comments:

  1. I remember this one from the first time around, and it is still a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh GIRL you crack me up. I litterally spit my pop out when you called! I thought no she'll figure it out ... LOL Sorry I can't stop laughing, you crack me up as always.

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is HILARIOUS! Thank you for stopping my by blog, I love your new layout! : )
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this made me laugh out loud! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this post! It is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was laughing the minute your friend suggested "vulva" (my mom was a nurse) and I could see which cliff this was heading for right away. I will be randomly hee-haw-ing a laugh here and there for the rest of the day.
    "I can touch it with my tongue...."
    geeez. :)
    I'm linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ROFLMAO...that has got to be the prize for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMYGoodness!! That is beyond hilarious. You're so crazy :) Can't wait to participate next Saturday.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't answer about sex with Andy or Clay, or choose between a thousand followers who send me cash versus a coupla dozen who want to track me down and kill me.
    So I skipped.
    Cuz reading your posts is good fun.
    This is award winning hilarity, right here. That's what this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I almost seriously almost wet my pants, all over my vulva reading this one!!! Can you imagine all the hootin and hollerin over at the Dr office. Did you go in or just completely change doctors!!!
    So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kel, I need to add that I told my hubby he had to hear this one, and he was laughing so hard the minute he heard vulva, he knew where it was going. We both laughed so hard we cried!!!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. L M EFFING A O!!!!!

    You can reach your vulva with your tongue?!?! You should never need a man again. bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok being the nurse that i am...i find this hilarous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg that was funny! Hey they sound almost the same. lol

    ReplyDelete

Ya wanna say something? Then just say it.. spit it out already.. sheesh.